Monday, January 7, 2013

What a difference a year makes

This time last year I was at the hospital with my mom as she passed from this world! Then, I was transferred to the other hospital in town to be monitored for preterm labor (I'd been having contractions for a couple of hours). I spent 2 days there, plugged up to machines and meds. I got sent home on bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy.

I've spent most of the day looking at old picture and crying! My mom was more than a mom, she was my best friend. Things are different when you're an only child- and really different when your mom was a SAHM until you turned 17! She knew how to make me laugh, make me angry, and keep me sane!

I wouldn't have survived my first birth without Momma. She lived in my house Sunday-Friday for the first 8 weeks of Allison's life. Was home for a week and back to my house for another 4 weeks (damn emergency c-section and gallbladder removal!)

She taught me how to love and be loved and be a mommy. She let me be who I was with no judgements, no criticism, and no worries. I hope I can be as good a mom to Allison and JR as she was to me!



No comments:

Post a Comment