Sunday, January 20, 2013

Life Changes

As if things weren't busy enough at my house with homeschooling Allison, having JR, and working part time. I am considering starting my own business!

It makes me sad to see families paying outrageous prices for cloth diapers. I bought all of mine for less than $4 each. I was looking online to replace a few that were different than the ones I like and saw the exact diapers I use from $3-$20 depending on what website you look at! This got me to thinking about people who don't have time to do all the research I have done on cloth diapers. Why should they have to pay such an exorbitant amount to diaper their child? This led me to ask the manufacturer of the diapers what it would cost to wholesale them to me. Then, what it would take to create a website to sell them on and what taxes I would have to pay to become a legit business. All of this led me to discover I could have a business of my own (with tremendous stock) for less than $2500!

That sounds like a ton of money to me, but I found out that Sam's Club offers small business loans for a low fee (~$70/month). The more I research, the more I realize I want to start my own store! This may not happen in the next few days but I'm hoping by JR's birthday (April 26) that I have it online! I'll keep everyone posted on the details and the website, coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment