Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

Hello 2013! It feels odd to write that- I don't know why.

I haven't written much about homeschooling lately. Allison loves it! She begs to do school everyday, even weekends! I will do about a half hour before JR wants my attention and I have to quit. Some days she'll continue on for a bit longer with "reading" or repeating her days of the week or ABC's and others she is happy to be done.

She knows 30 sight words, all of the alphabet (upper and lower case), the sounds they make, can count 25 without help and 100 if the numbers are in front of her, all of her colors, shapes (even the weird ones like octogon or trapezoid!), and the days of the week in order (but she adds a couple of extra Fridays. Don't we wish!).

I have been using a complete workbook of kindergarten type book with Allison. She finished it up before we took a break for the holidays. I got a new one to start on Monday. She knows how to trace all of her letters but forming them on her own is iffy. My goal is between now and August is to improve her handwriting. I don't care if she can write them (she'll only be 3.5) but I want to see her consistently tracing them with good form. We're also going to work on simple, conceptual addition and sub

No comments:

Post a Comment