Sunday, June 9, 2013

Long time, no post!

Well, I know I seem to have dropped off the face of the earth! I was busy with a 3 year old, an infant, a (busy) husband, homeschooling, and working... Now I have a 3 year old, a 1 year old, a still busy husband (he's averaging 3+ days a week working out of town and 50 or more hours a week!), homeschooling, and working. Not much has changed, except the job I have and the age of my kiddos :)

I was working at WIC as a breastfeeding peer counselor. That job lasted about a month. It wasn't a good fit for me. I was expected to be a bit more pushy than I was comfortable being, honestly I don't care how you feed your baby, just that you are! My job wanted me to push breastfeeding as the only way to feed your baby. I know there are plenty of reasons that formula is a better choice for a family (not just a mom) and I don't think it's my choice to decide if the reason they are giving me is right or wrong, so I quit.

JR turned 1 in April. That was a bittersweet moment for me because he is my last baby. In Korean tradition we did a table of objects that the baby picks from that supposedly is his future. Allison picked a pencil, that typically means academics/smart. Knowing her now at 3, there might be something to it :D JR picked a golf ball, meaning athletic/physically gifted. He started walking at 9.5 months, but I'm still waiting to see if he's going to be a star athlete.

James is working out of town quite a bit lately so I'm home with the kids and getting very little break. Thankfully, my dad enjoys watching the kids 2 days a week so I can go to Zumba. I also go to Zumba and yoga on Wednesdays. The kids go to childcare at the gym and love it! We also do a stroller strides type activity 3 days a week. This is giving me an outlet and a break from the kids.

I am going back to the classroom in August! I was at an open gym activity at a local gymnastics place in March with my MOMS Club. The owner was talking with us about her future plans for the gym and the preschool came up. I mentioned I was a former teacher, although elementary/middle school, not preschool. I was going to ask what her rates were and she asked me to come talk to her about teaching there! I went back later (without kids to keep up with) and we talked about me not only being the teacher but the director as well. She has had a preschool Gym and Learn program at her other gym in Cottonwood so I don't have to invent a curriculum. I just have to come in and teach! My kids get to come with me to work, Allison will be in the class and getting to go to gymnastics class 5 days a week because it's part of the curriculum! I am so excited for August to arrive :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, sounds like you've been super busy!! It's great that you can still find time for yourself though, that's important too. Yay for teaching agian this August and how great that the kids can come with you!! I would've loved that when my kids were smaller. :)

    ReplyDelete