Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cloth Diapers

I cloth diapered Allison using some awesome fitted diapers my mom made while I was pregnant. They were fine- kept her dry, clean, and happy until the laundry got to be too much with Mama's chemo and doctors appointments. We kept it up part time until Allison was over a year old and was outgrowing the fitteds. I never thought I'd go back to cloth diapering with JR.

I have a few friends in real life that are/were pregnant and due around the same time I was. Amanda is one such friend. She is a wonderful mom to a beautiful sparkle goddess, Ivy. Amanda is an earth momma and spent much of her pregnancy researching natural parenting. She and I talked cloth diapers, breastfeeding, babywearing, and what baby items are truely useful :) Last week, she was looking to sell off some of her cloth diapers that were not even used. She and her husband had fallen in love with prefolds and covers for Ivy. She had spent a good bit of time and money getting multiple types of cloth diapers but they didn't go beyond the first ones she tried. It was too good a deal to pass up, 41 one size pocket diapers for $160, less than $4 each! After a bit of research of my own, I found this was a terrific price. There were pockets that were $20 or more each! I decided to take a chance on them.

I got the diapers yesterday and spent the day getting them washed and organized (got to love Allison's sensitive skin!) Today, I decided to give cloth another try on both of the kids. I'm in love! These have snaps to hold them on, no pins like I was used to with the fitteds from Allison. They fit both kids wonderfully even though they are dramatically different sizes.

Here are some pictures of the kids in cloth.

First, Allison in her first fitted cloth (ignore the date my camera was acting weird).

JR in his first cloth diaper

Allison in her first pocket diaper

No comments:

Post a Comment